Research & Development
To remain a leader in 3D and contactless measurement as well as quality control, we have to constantly look for new technologies and innovate.
Our R&D unit has for major goal to develop systems meeting customers’ requirements but also to anticipate and foresee their future needs. This includes feasibility and industrialization studies.
For the past few years, we have been working on several big research projects. Major industrial companies and clusters were involved in those collaborative projects:
TOCATA : Optical Technology Coupled to Automated Topological Analysis
The aim was to develop a new system for the control of aerospace part after machining by combining numerous NDI.
- Green technology to replace dye penetrant inspection
- Process fully automated
- Traceability of the defects warranted
- Defect characterization thanks to three inspection methods:
- Optical detection
- Eddy current inspection
- Thermal imaging analysis
- Creation of a database including defects certified by manufacturers
Measuring heads of TOCATA project
FALAFEL : Additive Manufacturing via Laser Processes and Electron beam
- Additive manufacturing technology (DMD & SLM) for large aerospace parts
- Working on aerospace composite material
- Automation of the manufacturing cycle
- Real-time correction of the manufacturing deviation
- Monitoring of DMD and SLM machines
- Manufacturing traceability
- Storage of melting characteristics (physical and geometrical)